- Review: Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4)Posted 1 month ago
- E3 2014: Thoughts on the Nintendo DirectPosted 1 month ago
- E3 2014: Thoughts on the Sony Press ConferencePosted 1 month ago
- E3 2014: Thoughts on the Ubisoft Press ConferencePosted 1 month ago
- E3 2014: Thoughts on the EA Press ConferencePosted 1 month ago
Top 10 Moments for Gamertag Radio in 2012
2012 has been a very busy year for the Gamertag Radio staff. Not with the site, but with our personal lives. We have tried our best to keep the site busy throughout the year. But the most important thing about this year is that this has been a very successful even without our annual Community Vibes party. The show stayed consistent and our staff always stayed in touch with our audience via social media.
But what have been the top 10 most important moments for GTR this year? Find out below.
10) Peterocc & Ladyluck Feat in Prima’s Official Game Guide for Medal Of Honor Warfighter
Ladyluck and Peterocc were graciously invited by EA Los Angeles and Danger Close studios to playtest the Medal of Honor Warfighter for a week. They were also featured in the official Game Guide by Prima. You can read the full story here.
9) Hot 97 FM Interviews Godfree For InFlexWeTrust.com
Godfree was invited to NYC’s top rated Hip Hop radio station for an interview about video games. This was featured on DJ Funkmaster Flex’s official site InFlexWeTrust.com. You can listen to the full interview here.
8) Episode #349 – Podcast Interview with Ouya Founder & CEO: Julie Uhrman
Gamertag Radio was the first gaming podcast to have Ouya founder & CEO Julie Uhrman. She talked about their Kickstarter campaign, Ouya console and questions from the gaming community. This sparked so much buzz about the interview that we also invited Penny Arcade’s Ben Kuchera about why the OUYA console doesn’t match the hype. Listen to both interviews here: Ep349 & Ep351.
7) Gamertag Radio 350th Episode!
One of the hardest things about podcasting is releasing weekly shows for close to 8 years. Keeping it fresh and entertaining for our audience is super important. Hitting our 350th episode got us excited and we thanked the fans for all the support! Download the full episode here.
6) Glenn Beck vs Warren Spector: Drama during the GameStop managers’ conference
Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck says that video game designer Warren Spector doesn’t like him. He talks about an incident that happened with one of his staff members and Warren during the GameStop managers’ conference. This blog post was featured on many sites including Destructoid, Kotaku, & Gonintendo.
5) Trixie 360 Interview about her new novel and working for Xbox. (Exclusive)
Our exclusive interview with Christa Charter – author of the upcoming novel Schooled: A Lexy Cooper Videogame Mystery and the reason why she left Xbox. Some people called this one of the best episodes to date! Download the full interview here.
4) Gamertag Radio Debuts on Miami.com
A few months back, we had our podcast featured on Miami.com, one of the biggest websites in Miami, FL.
3) Gamertag Radio nominated for the Podcast Awards 2012
Gamertag Radio was nominated in 2 categories for the 2012 Podcast Awards: ‘Best Gaming Podcast’ & for the first time ever ‘Best Produced’. The voting process just finished a couple of weeks ago. The winners will be announced during New Media Expo 2013 in Las Vegas. You can watch the live stream on our site. Stay tuned for details!
2) Gamertag Radio Partners with Discovery Channel Latin America for E3 2012
Gamertag Radio announced in May a partnership with Discovery Channel Latin America and the Yo Soy Danny Peña web show for E3 2012. This was a huge accomplishment for an indie podcast website. You can read the full announcement here.
1) ‘Yo Soy Danny Pena’ For Discovery Channel Latin America Show
Back in January 2012, Gamertag Radio announced that Danny Pena aka Godfree launched his own web-based gaming show for Discovery Channel Latin America. This show is called ‘Yo Soy Danny Peña’. The very first video game show for Discovery Channel! They launched the official website for Latin America and Brazil.
“I’m excited that after all these years of hard work and perseverance, we’re getting this opportunity to take Gamertag Radio to the next level.”
Discovery Channel also created Danny’s very first TV promo that aired in Latin America.
The show had special guests from Jo Garcia to 2K Games, Activision, Sega, WWE Games, Nintendo, 343 Industries, EA Sports, Harmonix and more! Discovery Channel also covered E3 2012 with the help of GTR!
This video aired during Sales Camp 2012 presented by Discovery Channel in Miami, FL.