- Astro A50′s and MixAmp To Deliver Dolby® Headphone 7.1 Experience on Xbox OnePosted 30 days ago
- Audio Promo: Xbox One Launch Event – Killer Instinct Launch Tournament at Orlando Florida Mall Microsoft StorePosted 35 days ago
- Gamertag Radio At Xbox One Launch EventsPosted 35 days ago
- Post Mortem: Adventure Combat OpsPosted 38 days ago
- Microsoft Announces Xbox One Launch DatePosted 107 days ago
Sam Fisher gets a new voice actor in Splinter Cell Blacklist
You may have noticed Sam Fisher’s voice had a little less iron in it during Microsoft’s press conference this past Monday, when Ubisoft revealed Splinter Cell Blacklist. That’s because Michael Ironside, the voice of Sam Fisher since the series’first game in 2002, is no longer voicing the character, according to Kotaku.
Instead, Canadian actor Eric Johnson will be taking Ironside’s place as Fisher’s voice. Ubisoft’s explanation? The studio is doing motion capture work to animate Sam Fisher, and, well, to put it bluntly and in words Ubi didn’t directly use, Ironside is too old. Funny, because Fisher is starting to seem less and less old too.
I’ll miss ol’Ironside. It’s going to be tough getting used to Johnson’s voice coming out of Fisher’s pixelated mouth. Let’s hope he does such a good job, we entirely forget about this change in voice.
Source – Kotaku