- Titanfall Xbox One Controller Easter EggsPosted 2 months ago
- Astro A50′s and MixAmp To Deliver Dolby® Headphone 7.1 Experience on Xbox OnePosted 5 months ago
- Audio Promo: Xbox One Launch Event – Killer Instinct Launch Tournament at Orlando Florida Mall Microsoft StorePosted 5 months ago
- Gamertag Radio At Xbox One Launch EventsPosted 5 months ago
- Post Mortem: Adventure Combat OpsPosted 5 months ago
8th Annual Games For Change Festival
Games for Change, the leading global advocate for supporting and making games targeted to have a social impact, announced today the line-up of its 8th Annual Games for Change Festival in New York.
In addition to Vice President Al Gore, featured speakers include: legendary game designer Jesse Schell; Zynga.org’s Laura Hartman; U.S. Department of Education’s James H. Shelton III; and Half the Sky co-author Sheryl WuDunn.
It’s a shame that often, when popular media covers the gaming industry, they can only point fingers and find fault with our beloved past-time. Can violent games be harmful? Sure…maybe. But are groups like Games for Change using the positive aspects of gaming to impact the world? Absolutely.
Here’s what they had to say:
Games have the potential to advance social good and learning: to spread information, raise awareness, inspire social action and build civic participation – and to do so globally, across cultures.
The Games for Change Festival is open to the public at NYU Skirball Center June 20-22. For a complete line-up of programs, speakers, and to register, click here.
If you’re a gamer and you live in New York, do yourself a favor and stop by to show some support.